Amazingly, it wasn't until 1965 that the pub was renamed after Admiral Lord Hawke (1705-1801) who lived locally.

The Admiral Hawke

The Admiral Hawke was built in 1862.

It was originally named "The Railway Arms", in anticipation of proximity to the soon to be built Thames Valley Railway. However, due to lack of local support, the line ended up nowhere near, with Sunbury station around half a mile to the north!

Back to main menu                   Back to pubs menu                   Three Fishes