It was moved to Benwell House after sustaining bomb damage in the Second World War. But in 1986 it was relocated to its present position in the Walled Garden.
Click here for more background.
This was erected in 1895 in memory of two brothers, Charles and Edward Lendy. Both were officers in the army. They died in 1893 and 1894 while serving in Africa. The memorial originally stood on King's Lawn opposite St Mary's church.